Voice Over Actors Return to Work After Year-Long Strike
When SAG-AFTRA declared strike against the 11 video game companies October last year it put a halt to many video games or related projects currently in production, including:
· ACTIVISION PUBLISHINGS INC Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
· ACTIVISION PUBLISHINGS INC Crash Bandicoot Remaster Project
· BLINDLIGHT LLC Prairie Dog Town Fork Red
· BLINDLIGHT LLC Devils
· DISNEY CHARACTER VOICES INC Kingdom Hearts 2.8
· DISNEY CHARACTER VOICES INC Star Wars Rebels In-Room Celebration App
· ELECTRONIC ARTS PRODUCTIONS Fifa 17
· ELECTRONIC ARTS PRODUCTIONS Sims Olympus a/k/a Sims 4
· Formosa Interactive, LLC Uncharted Collection Marketing Trailers
· Formosa Interactive, LLC Arem Dhalia Chronicles
· INSOMNIAC GAMES INC I-21 a/k/a Edge of Nowhere
· VOICEWORKS PRODUCTIONS INC Nick Jr Halloween House Party Web Game
· VOICEWORKS PRODUCTIONS INC Transformer 2015
· WB GAMES INC. Lego Marvel 2
· WB GAMES INC. Lego Star Wars
Individual voice over actors were also affected by the strike, replaced by non-SAG-AFTRA talents. Such is the case for video game voice over actor, Ashly Burch.
Burch who has worked in Borderlands 2 as Tiny Tina, Aloy in the video game Horizon Zero Dawn, Mayuri Shiina from Steins;Gate and Sasha Braus from Attack on Titan, had to be replaced by Rhianna DeVries in her role as Chloe in the original Life Is Strange due to the SAG-AFTRA voice actor strike.
Now that the strike is over, Burch is back to reprise her role as Chloe in the upcoming bonus episode for the prequel series. Joining her is Hannah Telle who is also returning to voice Max.
It is a bittersweet return for both Telle and Burch as the Japanese owned video game developer Square Enix says that Life Is Strange: Before the Storm’s Deluxe Edition which includes the Farewell bonus episode, will be the last chapter to feature both Chloe and Max.
As for the rest of the productions affected by the strike, it is unknown when (or if) those projects, especially those tied up to certain series or movies, will still resume recording.