- Voice actor Dave Landon writes about ways to increase conversion rates by using a voice talent on your website.
Businesses are discovering the value of adding “explainer” videos with simple voice narrations to their websites. If done right, these media can be an affordable and feasible way to make a positive impact on visitor experience, retention, conversion rate, and your bottom line. “Done right” means putting yourself in your visitor’s shoes before producing to make sure your video answers their questions and concerns and that, in a clear, engaging manner, it tells how your product or service will benefit them or solve their problem as well as how easy it is to use. “Done right” also means not necessarily paying top dollar to a large video production company or hiring the most expensive union voice talent. Plenty of talented and experienced video producers, script writers, non-union talent, and even web developers are hungry to compete for your business at a fraction of the cost charged by the big boys.
Neil Patel of Quicksprout discusses how to go about creating an effective and affordable explainer video in this short primer. Locating and hiring competent, skilled professionals at a cost that fits your budget can be surprisingly easy.
The Voice Realm website, one of several online voice over services sites which focuses on voice talent states, “…internet explainer videos…have been proven to increase website conversions rates, turning clicks into customers.” “Using a professional voice talent along with some simple graphics can tell the story of what a website does and how it can help the client.”
The inclusion of a website narration or voiceover helps you connect with your site visitors and potential customers. Seen from the perspective of the visitor, listening to a voiceover is like having a personal guide leading you through unfamiliar territory.
There is something familiar and comforting about the sound of a human voice – providing it’s the right voice – which can help to remove barriers.
Here are ten reasons it might make sense to add a “voice” to your website:
1. It’s an effective, efficient method of educating potential customers about your product or service – what it is, how it works, how it will benefit them or solve their problem, and how fast and easy it is to buy and or use.
2. It can answer potential questions and concerns about your product or service.
3. It adds dynamic dimension to your website.
4. It adds uniqueness
5. It’s easy to implement.
6. It’s flexible, and relatively easy to update.
7. It’s an effective vehicle for building and promoting your company’s brand.
8. It adds a personal, human touch 24/7/365 – i.e., even overnight, while you’re asleep and those night-owl web surfers (read, “potential customers”) are perusing your site.
9. It can increase website visitor retention and conversion rate.
10. It provides an effective, dynamic means of delivering your all-important “call to action”.
You can hire Dave for your next voice over recording at The Voice Realm.